A problem in my head found a 9-mm solution from my new friend called Moser
Primat. THANK YOU 2004-2013.
Olviretki finished last week, and I have managed a couple of days off for
recovery, among other theatrical duties. Besides those, I have also enjoyed
another new software
project for finding new primes.
As mentioned last time, there is a lot of unofficial software for crunching the data from Mersenne.org, but they all require manual work assignment and submission. Of course, people have written partial solutions over the years, but as I could not find any that worked properly, I decided to write my own. While it works nicely for me, the real satisfaction is, of course, in the feedback from other Mersennaries, particularly some of the big names. Finally, after all those years at university departments, I feel like I am contributing something to science.
As for the local university, my courses for this fall are starting next week, and it always feels like a mixed blessing. At minimum, I plan to complete subject studies, which should happen well before Christmas. My original ambitions of completing advanced studies seem a little far away, considering all these other interests in life, and no particular professional need to complete anything. Nevertheless, I feel like I should put this time at the university to good use. I wonder if the math department needs a programmer...