Software and scripts
Some of this software is badly outdated, in more ways than one; that "my first Python program from 1999/2000" is probably not that interesting any more. For my more recent (and likely higher quality) releases, see my Github.
This is FREE software developed under x86 Linux and should work on
any Unix. Some of my scientific projects also involve
programming, for example those linked in
the Math and Physics pages.
Note: Many of these scripts include options, such as path definitions,
beginning of the file. You should check and edit them before
running. For example boinctime.sh requires the path to the BOINC
directory on your filesystem.
Music / video tools
- aaltolipasto -- lossless transcoding n' stuff
- cdgrab.sh and abcdef.sh Distributed CD ripping aid
- comms is a
textmode audio player, a frontend to XMMS/Audacious, the page explains more :-)
- discindex.sh Simple but effective
filing/indexing system for CD/DVD storage, not just for music
- mp3titles.sh Audiofile tagger with filename parsing for titles
- youtube.sh Simple wrapper for youtube-dl + mplayer for direct playing
boinctime.sh performance monitor for
BOINC projects (e.g. climateprediction.net and SETI@home)
- genconfigmake.sh General ./configure; make wrapper using Gentoo options
- label.sh shrink and repeat a picture/page
into NxN copies on one page — for printing drink labels.
- sigmake.py My first Python program
refreshes the .signature every time it is read.
vert.py Matrix code for console. Maybe
not the most useful, I just wrote it to learn some curses.
- Idler, a spindown daemon for external drives
- My ebuilds for third-party software on Gentoo
Risto A. Paju